Songs and memories


I think one of the songs that triggers  my emotional mood the most is Mira niñita by Los Jaivas. Ever since I was a little baby, my mom has sung to me that song. I even remember that at the time I used to think that my mom wrote it for me.  One time in preschool, one of my teachers was singing it out loud, I remember thinking to myself " Why does she know about the song that my momy wrote to me" I couldn´t believe that my mom was that famous, I was so proud to be her daugther that I said to my teacher " did you know that the song that you are singing was made by my momy and the lyrics are about me?" My teacher just laughed and said to me " wow, you have a super mom". I think she must have talked to my mother later, because when I went home she said to me that the song wasn´t hers. In the present almost every friend that I´ve made have communist parents, so naturally everyone knows about this song. Sometimes it happens that when the party is dying we put those kinds of records on, and when this song comes up it feels like i´m going to break, specially because every time this happens, we all have a little bit of more than enough alcohol in our bellies. Anyway, my mother is the most important person to me, so every time I listened to the song and I am far from her, it brings a little bit of tears in my eyes.


Comentarios